Performs semi-skilled to skilled level duties under limited supervision to safely transport students. An incumbent in this position will follow standardized operating policies and procedures. Works in classrooms and other areas of the District as directed.
High School diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, and procedures
- Must have mental requirement to understand and follow instructions and avoid safety problems
- Reads and interprets routine written or printed materials
- Satisfactory personal conduct and integrity
- Ability to work well with others
- Reliable, dependable, and punctual attendance
Six months related work experience
Valid Oklahoma "B" C.D.L. with passenger and school bus endorsements and bus driver certificate. Meet and maintain State of Oklahoma School Bus Certificate and C.D.L. regulations and requirements.
- Strengthens relationships by developing students and clients and staff, partnering with businesses and schools and collaborating with community leaders through participating in school or community activities.
- Focuses on being a leader within the organization through personal accountability, active problem solving and positive forward thinking.
- Focuses on continual improvement to assure quality products and excellent services to our customers and stakeholders.
- Maintain regular schedule of bus/van routes as assigned.
- Adheres to safety rules
- Conduct daily inspection of vehicle before and after route and reports any issues to the Supervisor.
- Assist with minor vehicle maintenance or repair.
- Understands and complies with Oklahoma Department of Education and Moore Norman Technology Center Transportation Policies and Regulations.
- Provides a safe environment for students on the bus through good student control and discipline.
- Sweeps and cleans the bus on a daily basis or more often if needed.
- Obeys all traffic laws.
- Promptly reports any unsafe road conditions to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Completes his/her share of curricular and extra-curricular trips as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Follows all restrictions and limitations on the use of school busses as set forth by the Board, the Superintendent and/or the Supervisor.
- Assists in the classrooms or other areas of the District as directed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications are identified on the job description, available upon request through the Human Resources Department.
Applications will be accepted in the Human Resources Department, 4701 12th Avenue NW, Norman, OK 73069.
You can also fax your application to 405.217.8271.
There will be no discrimination in the technology center because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, or genetic information in its programs, services, activities and employment. The district also provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups.
The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the technology center's nondiscrimination policy: MNTC’s Human Resources Director (for employees) and the Student Services Director (for students). Inquiries concerning application of this policy may be made by calling (405) 801-5000 or by visiting the Franklin Road Campus at 4701 12th Avenue NW, Norman, Oklahoma 73069. Section 135, Oklahoma School Code prohibits a school from employing or re-employing anyone who has been convicted of a felony. If this would prohibit your employment, please do not complete this application.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and the safety-related requirements of the Higher Education Opportunity Act, MNTC will provide an Annual Security Report that includes statements addressing the school’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning campus safety and security; including response to emergency situations and sexual offenses.
The law requires three years of statistical crime that was reported to have occurred on campus, in or on off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the District and on public property within or immediately adjacent to the campus. This report is available electronically or you may request a paper copy by calling 405.364.5763, ext. 7327. MNTC will update and post this report each year by October 1.