Mission, Vision, and Core Values: Commits to fully support Moore Norman’s mission, vision, core values, and culture:
Mission: Preparing for success, changing lives, building better tomorrows.
Vision: Moore Norman Technology Center is recognized as the first choice for workforce development and training, committed to providing an outstanding educational experience for every student and client.
Core Values: Accountability; Data-Driven Decision-Making; Diversity & Inclusion; Empowerment; Excellence; Growth; Honesty, Integrity, & Transparency; Innovation; Respect
Culture: The Moore Norman Way – staying above the line
Job Objective: Performs skilled level duties under general supervision to support instructional activities in the program area. Provides resources to program, substitutes as needed, and performs clerical skills, including grading and filing. Coordinates activities as directed. Assist with student organizations. An incumbent in this position will follow generally standardized operating policies and procedures; on occasion will have to interpret policies and procedures. Must be able to properly prepare and process purchase orders and other required bookkeeping needs of the program within six months of employment.
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate level of MS Office skills-TESTING REQUIRED
- Must have computer knowledge
- Must be able to instruct students in small group settings
- Ability to work with students with a wide spectrum of learning styles and abilities
- Experience with record-keeping
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to instruct and demonstrate
- Satisfactory personal conduct and integrity
- Ability to work well with others
- Reliable, dependable, and punctual attendance
Two years work related experience.
- Strengthens relationships by developing students and clients and staff, partnering with businesses and schools and collaborating with community leaders through participating in school or community activities.
- Focuses on being a leader within the organization through personal accountability, active problem solving and positive forward thinking.
- Focuses on continual improvement to assure quality products and excellent services to our customers and stakeholders.
- Assists with instruction and shop projects for individuals or for groups as assigned by instructor. May supervise students in an instructional setting, on or off campus.
- Assist instructor by performing clerical duties including grading, filing, and word processing, completing forms and conducting research.
- Assists students with assignments and make-up work. May grades papers and may assist with giving tests; recording grades and taking attendance.
- Supports programs by serving as substitute instructor when appropriate, coordinating special instructional projects, field trips, etc.
- Facilitates activities in student organizations in respective to Professional Careers programs.
- May assist in supervision of students in on-the-job-training positions.
- Orders supplies as needed. May include ordering supplies for the retail shop.
- Assists with reports and written communication.
- Instruct and supervise students when necessary.
- Assists with inventory control.
- Assigned to program area/s as deemed appropriate by Program Director.
- Oversees numerous office functions, including but not limited to establishing and maintaining files, records, certificates and other documents (sometime confidential in nature), data maintenance, report filing and telecommunications responses.
- Greets and directs customers and students; resolves routine administrative problems and answers questions concerning activities and operations of department/division.
- Arranges meetings and schedules appointments and may perform other duties related to maintaining one or more individual schedules.
- Performs basic-routine bookkeeping functions which may involve cash receipt activities.
- Assists with documentation for program accreditations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications are identified on the job description, available upon request through the Human Resources Department.
Applications will be accepted in the Human Resources Department, 4701 12th Avenue NW, Norman, OK 73069.
You can also fax your application to 405.217.8271.
There will be no discrimination in the technology center because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender expression or identity, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, age, or genetic information in its programs, services, activities and employment. The district also provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups.
The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the technology center's nondiscrimination policy: MNTC’s Human Resources Director (for employees) and the Student Services Director (for students). Inquiries concerning application of this policy may be made by calling (405) 801-5000 or by visiting the Franklin Road Campus at 4701 12th Avenue NW, Norman, Oklahoma 73069. Section 135, Oklahoma School Code prohibits a school from employing or re-employing anyone who has been convicted of a felony. If this would prohibit your employment, please do not complete this application.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and the safety-related requirements of the Higher Education Opportunity Act, MNTC will provide an Annual Security Report that includes statements addressing the school’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning campus safety and security; including response to emergency situations and sexual offenses.
The law requires three years of statistical crime that was reported to have occurred on campus, in or on off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the District and on public property within or immediately adjacent to the campus. This report is available electronically or you may request a paper copy by calling 405.364.5763, ext. 7327. MNTC will update and post this report each year by October 1.